With this Chicken Marsala dish, an Italian restaurant staple that you can make at home, you won’t need to order takeout ever again. A Popular Italian-American meal known as “Chicken Marsala” is created with pan-fried, lightly breaded chicken cutlets with a hearty Marsala wine and mushroom sauce. Despite being a dish that is frequently found in restaurants, making it at home is easy. In less than an hour, you can have this one-pan dinner on the table. When used over pasta, rice pilaf, or mashed potatoes, the recipe creates a beautiful, creamy sauce that is to die for.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1½ lbs chicken breast
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour for dredging
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 oz Pancetta medium,
- 1 onion chopped
- 8 oz brown mushrooms sliced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
For The Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup sweet Marsala wine
- ¾ cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- flat-leaf parsley chopped
- 20 to 30 minutes before cooking, take the chicken out of the fridge and salt it generously. Allow the environment to acclimate.
- A large skillet or frying pan should be used to heat the oil over medium-high heat. Chicken pieces should be coated on both sides in the seasoned flour before being added to the heated oil.
- Fry till golden, then turn it over and repeat. To prevent the pan from becoming too crowded, do this in batches. On keep warm, transfer the chicken in a single layer to a big platter.
- Add the Pancetta to the same pan, reduce the heat to medium-low, and cook until crisp. Remove the pancetta from the pan using a slotted spoon and place it on a dish covered in paper towels.
- The onions should be added to the pan and cooked until tender. Add the mushrooms and continue to sauté them until they are beautifully browned and have lost all of their liquid.
- For one more minute, add the garlic. Add salt and pepper and 1 tablespoon of flour before seasoning.
- Turn up the heat all the way. To cook off the alcohol, add the Marsala to the pan, bring it to a boil, and then simmer for a minute. To slightly thicken the sauce, add the chicken stock and cook for an additional three minutes.
- Add the butter and parsley and stir. To fully reheat the chicken, add it to the pan along with the Pancetta once more.
- Before serving, check the food for seasoning and add salt if necessary.
Leave a Comment