The delicate, juicy steak and delectable roasted potatoes in the garlic butter steak and potato skillet are cooked together in one pan. A delicious mix that the whole family will like!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1½ pounds steak flank
- 4 tbsp olive oil divided
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1½ tsp salt divided
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 4 tbsp salted butter divided
- 1½ pounds potatoes
- 1 tbsp fresh
- 1 tbsp fresh
- Two teaspoons each of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, dried oregano, salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes, and two of the minced garlic cloves should be placed in a gallon-sized plastic zip bag. Seal the plastic bag after adding the meat. While the potatoes are cooking, let the meat marinade.
- Potatoes should be cut in half, then placed in a bowl that can be used in a microwave. Add the last teaspoon of salt to the water and potatoes. 5 minutes at high power in the microwave. potato drained.
- The remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 2 tablespoons of butter should be heated in a 12-inch stainless steel skillet over medium heat until the butter is melted.
- Add the drained potatoes to the skillet that has been preheated. Stirring regularly, saute over medium heat until potatoes are browned and completely cooked (approximately 10 minutes).
- Place the potatoes on a platter and reserve.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter, the remaining 2 minced garlic cloves, the last 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes, and the fresh rosemary and oregano to the same skillet. Over medium-high heat, bring the butter and seasonings to a simmer. Avoid burning garlic.
- Take the meat out of the marinade while the pan is heating. To carefully pat the meat and remove extra moisture, use paper towels.
- Several pork strips should be added to the hot skillet in batches. Cook the meat on all sides. Refer to the notes about extra liquid. Adapt the cooking time to the level of doneness you like for the meat. For medium doneness, the meat should only cook for a few minutes on each side.
- Return all of the meat and potatoes to the skillet and reheat after all of the meat has been browned. Serve right away.