Are you famished after work? In the mood for a hamburger and fries? Don’t bother making the drive-thru trip! This homemade salad tastes just like a Big Mac!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 2 hamburger buns
- 1 pound of ground beef
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 head lettuce
- 3 dill pickles sliced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup thinly sliced onion
- salt & pepper to taste
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tbsp French dressing or Heinz Chili Sauce
- 2 tbsp dill pickle chopped
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1 ½ tsp sugar
- 2 tsp dehydrated onion flakes
- 2-3 tbsp milk
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all of the dressing ingredients. Refrigerate for at
least 20 minutes before serving (so the dehydrated onion can soften).
- The oven should be preheated to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Using a sesame seed bun, cut little 1″ circles (or cut into cubes). Spray lightly with cooking spray and season with a pinch of seasoned salt.
- Place the “croutons” on a baking sheet and bake until crisp, about 8 minutes.
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet with onion powder and garlic powder until it is no longer pink. Drain the fat and season to taste with seasoned salt and pepper.
- 14 lettuce leaves should be placed in each bowl. Beef, pickles, onions, cheese, and croutons go on top.
- Dress with sesame seeds and a drizzle of dressing.
Leave a Comment