This taco pie recipe is layered like a taco but baked in pie style, so it’s another ground beef meal to add to your repertoire. Taco Tuesdays just became a whole lot more interesting!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/4 cup taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup water
- 8 oz crescent rolls
- 8 oz grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tomato diced, for garnish
- 1 cup lettuce shredded.
- In a skillet, brown the ground beef over medium-high heat until no pink remains. Stir in the taco seasoning and water, then bring the mixture to a low simmer. Continue to cook for another 5 minutes, or until the taco meat is equally seasoned and most of the water has been absorbed.
- Meanwhile, in a greased 9″ pie plate, drape the unwrapped crescent rolls over the entire pie plate. Gently press all of the seams together with the pads of your fingers, then spread the crescent dough to cover the entire pie pan. Cut off any parts that hang over the edge and use them to fill in any gaps.
- Cover the crescent dough at the bottom of the pie plate with a layer of cheese (approximately 12 cups).
- Place a mound of taco meat on top of the cheese and spread it out evenly.
- Crush tortilla chips and distribute them on top of the taco meat – the amount can be adjusted to suit your preferences.
- Add spoonfuls of sour cream to the top of the chips and gently spread the sour cream to cover the chips with a rubber spatula.
- Over the top of the pie, sprinkle the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, uncovered, or until golden brown and the cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Add diced tomato and chopped lettuce to the top of the pie. Serve the pie with any additional toppings or as a side dish.