This 20-minute recipe for Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes is simple to prepare. The entire family will adore these cheesesteaks since they are such hearty comfort food!
These Philly Cheesesteak-inspired Sloppy Joes are a simple and quick weekday supper. The submarine buns have cheese on top and are stuffed with ground meat, bell peppers, and onions.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 ½ pound lean ground beef
- 6 submarine rolls split in half
- 3 Tbsp melted butter
- 1 ½ Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large bell pepper diced
- 1 large yellow onion diced
- 1 ½ Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¾ cup beef stock
- salt and pepper
- 6 slices of provolone cheese torn
Prep Oven And Pan:
- Place the broiler on and raise the second-highest oven rack.
- Foil a baking sheet and set it aside.
Prep Submarine Rolls:
- Nearly half the submarine rolls should remain. The rolls can be spread open with your fingers. Place the rolls on the prepared baking sheet after brushing them both inside and out with melted butter.
- Place the rolls in the broiler and toast them for a few minutes, or until the edges are golden brown. Always keep an eye on the rolls because they can burn in an instant!
- After taking the rolls out of the oven, let them cool.
- Set a sizable skillet to medium-high heat to pre-heat. Ground beef is added after adding oil and stirring the pan. Break up the ground beef with the back of a wooden spoon and heat for 5–6 minutes, or until browned.
- Cook the bell pepper and onion for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring periodically, until they are soft.
- Add beef stock and Worcestershire sauce. Cook mixture for 3–4 minutes, or until nearly all the liquid has evaporated. To taste, add salt and pepper to the mixture.
- Stir in the shredded cheese to mix it with the filling. Cook the dish further until the cheese is nicely melted.
- To a toasted roll, add 1/6 of the meat mixture. Continue with the remaining rolls, then serve!