Creamy, hot, and nutritious pasta with tender chicken that bursts with flavor and spices, melt-in-your-mouth cheese, and perfectly cooked broccoli florets.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1 lb penne
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast cutlets
- 2-3 tbsp cajun seasoning
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Penne should be prepared as directed on the packaging until al dente. With a slotted spoon, remove the pasta from the pot and save the cooking water. Once it has finished cooking, toss pasta with a little olive oil to keep it from sticking and to preserve.
- Broccoli florets are added once the pasta water returns to a boil. About two minutes of cooking time is sufficient to make the food soft but not mushy. To stop the cooking process and keep the florets’ vibrant green color, drain them and immediately submerge them in freezing water.
- Oil should be heated in a big skillet before adding the chicken and cajun seasoning. Cook chicken through by flipping it once while sautéing. Place on a platter and set aside. Set the oven to 350°F.
- To prepare sauce, clean the pan where the chicken was cooked with a paper towel, then put it back on the stovetop to melt butter until it bubbles. For 30 seconds, add the garlic and saute it.
- Cook the wine in the skillet until it has been reduced by half. The cream should be whisked in after simmering for two minutes or so to thicken. Melt the Parmesan cheese by adding it and mixing.
- Sauce and pasta should be thoroughly mixed.
- A baking dish should be filled with pasta and topped with chicken and broccoli florets. Add Parmesan cheese, then bake for 20 minutes, or until thoroughly cooked.