Cooking Hamburger Hobo Dinners in foil packets is simply divine! This beef and potato dish will be a favorite with your family and friends whether you prepare it on the grill, over a campfire, or in the oven. Since foil pack dinners are simple to prepare, can be made ahead of time, and as an added plus, need almost no cleanup, they are sure to become one of your favorite methods to cook.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 large potato
- 2 carrots
- 1 small onion
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp Montreal Steak Seasoning
- heat a gas grill on medium-high. Cut the heavy-duty foil into four pieces. Apply cooking spray sparingly.
- Form the ground beef into patties in 1/4-pound pieces while the grill is heated. Rounds of potato about 1/4 inch thick. Slice and peel carrots. Cut an onion.
- Place three to four potato slices on the greased foil to create meal packages. Layer potatoes on top of the four packets of onions and carrots. Top the vegetables with hamburger patties. The patties should have 1.5 tablespoons of butter on it. 1.5 teaspoons of Montreal Seasoning should be added. Food is wrapped in foil; the center and ends are then sealed.
- Place the packets on the grill grates seam side down and cook for 10 minutes.
- For oven cooking: Oven temperature is 400 degrees. Cook the packets for 10 minutes with the seam side down on the oven rack. Cook for an additional 15 minutes after turning.
- Before serving, check for doneness as oven temperatures vary.
- Open packages carefully after removing them from the grill or oven. Add some additional salt and pepper and fresh parsley, if desired. Serve right away.