I love comfort food and this Easy Monkey Bread is all that and more! Sometimes it’s just fun to serve pans of gooey, crispy, sticky cinnamon rolls that everyone can dig right into. Perfect for brunches and breakfast, holidays, parties, and entertaining!
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 16-ounce loaf bread
- ½ cup salted butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp chopped pecans
- Thaw a loaf of frozen bread dough. Turn out the bread onto a lightly greased cutting board and gently press it into an 8-inch square once it has thawed.
- Using a large knife, cut it into 64 pieces. Make balls out of them, but don’t worry if they aren’t perfect or the same size.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the brown sugar and ground cinnamon.
- Pour the melted butter into a low-rimmed dish (like a pie pan.) Roll the dough balls in the brown sugar and cinnamon mixture after dipping them in the butter and coating them well.
- In a greased bundt pan, arrange evenly in rows. I prefer to use nonstick cooking spray with flour in it to coat the bundt pan.
- Cover the pan with a towel and set it aside for 1-2 hours to rise. It should almost come to a halt at the pan’s rim.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and bake for 20-35 minutes, or until golden brown on top. (Note that baking pans with a dark coating cook faster.)
- Cool for 5 minutes in the pan on a cooling rack before turning out onto a serving dish. Serve with a sprinkling of chopped pecans while still warm (optional).